Welcome to the site of the Plum High School Band program. Please contact Mrs. Bethany Loy, PHS Band Director, with any questions you may have (or use the email address below).
"Music is moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaity to life and to everything." -Plato
Rehearsal Wednesday only this week!
* See our CALENDAR for all events
THIS FRIDAY IN FOOTBALL: HOME - SENIOR NIGHT!
5:00 - Report to PHS
5:15 - In full uniform, walk to athletic field to watch Seniors walk!
5:30 - Seniors Walk Across the Field
6:00 - Back to School to get instruments/warm up
6:30 - March to stadium for Pregame
6:45 - Pregame
7:00 - Kickoff
5:00 - Report to PHS (Gym 1)
5:15 - Depart Gym 1 for Athletic Field
5:25 - Be ready to go, lined up backfield
5:30 - Band starts walking
OCTOBER HOAGIE FUNDRAISER: (for Student Accounts)
* Orders due Monday, October 21st
* Delivery is Wed., October 30th - Music Hallway
* Master Sheet
* Order Form
* All money raised through this fundraiser will go to your student account for the music trip!
BAND v CHORUS FOOTBALL GAME: Saturday Oct 19!
* Bring your friends to the newest Music Department Gathering!
* Cost is $5 to attend - all proceeds will go to this year's Music Department Trip to Hershey, PA! :)
* Volunteers needed for selling 50/50 tickets, selling snacks/water
* Donations welcome to sell items (candy, water, snacks, etc)
Queen Shirts - Limited Quantities Available for purchase
We have a few Queen shirts (show shirts) left! Cost is $15. Sizes are limited - ask Mrs. Loy if interested! :) **Right now we have a 2XL, a few XL's and Medium's left.)
Music Department Trip Announced!!
* On May 1-3, the PHS Music Department will travel to Hershey, PA to perform/compete in adjudicated performances through the Festivals of Music.
* We hope to see ALL students in the following ensembles participate!
* Payment #2 is $125, Due November 18th.
MUSIC TRIP CHAPERONES
Interested in chaperoning the music department trip to Hershey, PA? Fill out this brief form HERE
Open House Presentation
* Missed Mrs. Loy at Open House? View Powerpoint Presentation here!
Visit our CALENDAR section to view our performance calendar. All concert dates are now current for 2019-20!
Nice read on benefits of music education!
CONGRATULATIONS, STUDENTS: PMEA D1 HONORS BAND
Congratulations to Audrey Lawrence, Cole Kelly, Keegan McLean, Aidan Doyle, and Ryan Wesolowski for their successful audition into the PMEA District 1 Honors Band!
Congratulations, PHS Music Department!!
...on a great competition weekend at Busch Gardens Williamsburg from April 26-29 2018:
Marching Band 1st Place Excellent Rating
String Orchestra 1st place Superior Rating
Jazz Band 1st place Superior Rating
Ladies Chorus 1st Place Superior Rating
Chamber Choir 1st Place Excellent Rating
Symphonic Band 2nd Place Excellent Rating
Concert Band 4th Place Excellent Rating
Overall Marching Band Award
Overall Orchestra Award
Outstanding Marching Band Auxiliary
Special Award - Cole Kelly, Oboe
The Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser “Esprit de Corps” Award for Outstanding Musicianship, Character, Professionalism, and School Spirit
See "Calendar" section for a full, detailed calendar of events.