Welcome to the site of the Plum High School Band program. Please contact Mrs. Bethany Loy, PHS Band Director, with any questions you may have (or use the email address below).
"Music is moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaity to life and to everything." -Plato
No Rehearsal this week!
* See our CALENDAR for all events
VETERANS DAY REHEARSAL - WED., NOV. 6
* We will REHEARSE 2:30 to 4pm to prepare for the parade and ceremony
* Plum is the lead band and performs the Star Spangled Banner, Taps, and God Bless America.
POWDERPUFF GAME NOV. 7: OPTIONAL PEP BAND
* Band Room will be open 6:30-6:45 to get instruments
* Kickoff is at 7pm
* Game usually ends around 9pm
VETERANS DAY PARADE - SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 9
* 8:15 Report to PHS
* 8:45 Leave PHS
* 9:15-9:30 Arrive, unload equipment
* 10:00 Warm Up
* 10:30 Parade Begins at 11th & Liberty
*** Parade will proceed down Liberty Ave to Commonwealth Place. The Reviewing Stand is located at the Apex of Liberty and Penn Avenues.
SENIOR NIGHT PHOTOS: AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD
* Click here to view/download photos for free
* Password to view is "band"
MAGEE WOMEN'S HOSPITAL CHRISTMAS CAROLING
Want to spread Christmas cheer this holiday season? Students can volunteer their time to perform Christmas Carols in the lobby of Magee Women's Hospital on Sunday, December 22nd from 11 am - 12 pm. For more information and to sign up, click HERE
CHECK OUT THIS ARTICLE IN THE TRIB! :)
* Check out the Plum Band/Drumline in the Trib!
Queen Shirts - Limited Quantities Available for purchase
We have a few Queen shirts (show shirts) left! Cost is $15. Sizes are limited - ask Mrs. Loy if interested! :) **Right now we have a 2XL, a few XL's and Medium's left.)
SIGN UP FOR PLUM BAND GOOGLE CLASSROOMS
Use the signup codes listed below:
* Marching Band: 2zbml2
* Concert Band: 2dbkdmy
* Symphonic Band: 7sobng
* Jazz Bands: gx4s0bx
* 7th Grade Band: q4b86he
* 8th Grade Band: tnn15c
Music Department Trip Announced!!
* On May 1-3, the PHS Music Department will travel to Hershey, PA to perform/compete in adjudicated performances through the Festivals of Music.
* We hope to see ALL students in the following ensembles participate!
* Payment #2 is $125, Due November 18th.
MUSIC TRIP CHAPERONES
Interested in chaperoning the music department trip to Hershey, PA? Fill out this brief form HERE
Open House Presentation
* Missed Mrs. Loy at Open House? View Powerpoint Presentation here!
Visit our CALENDAR section to view our performance calendar. All concert dates are now current for 2019-20!
Nice read on benefits of music education!
CONGRATULATIONS, STUDENTS: PMEA D1 HONORS BAND
Congratulations to Audrey Lawrence, Cole Kelly, Keegan McLean, Aidan Doyle, and Ryan Wesolowski for their successful audition into the PMEA District 1 Honors Band!
Congratulations, PHS Music Department!!
...on a great competition weekend at Busch Gardens Williamsburg from April 26-29 2018:
Marching Band 1st Place Excellent Rating
String Orchestra 1st place Superior Rating
Jazz Band 1st place Superior Rating
Ladies Chorus 1st Place Superior Rating
Chamber Choir 1st Place Excellent Rating
Symphonic Band 2nd Place Excellent Rating
Concert Band 4th Place Excellent Rating
Overall Marching Band Award
Overall Orchestra Award
Outstanding Marching Band Auxiliary
Special Award - Cole Kelly, Oboe
The Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser “Esprit de Corps” Award for Outstanding Musicianship, Character, Professionalism, and School Spirit
See "Calendar" section for a full, detailed calendar of events.