Welcome to the site of the Plum High School Band program. Please contact Mrs. Bethany Loy, PHS Band Director, with any questions you may have (or use the email address below).
"Music is moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaity to life and to everything." -Plato
March for Parks - March 30, 2019 (OPTIONAL)
Our drummers have been invited to participate in the March for the Parks at the Murrysville Community Center on March 30th. The event runs from 9am-noon. Percussionists should plan to arrive at 10am; the march begins at 10:30am.
If students would like to participate, they should bring drums home with them Friday March 29th and bring them to the event, then bring them back the next Monday.
Ms. Masayko will meet you at the event at 10am.
BAND FRONT TRY-OUTS 2019
* Wednesday, May 29, 6-9pm, PHS Gym 1
* Saturday, June 1, 9am-12pm, PHS Gym 2
* Monday June 3 , 6:00pm - Information Meeting, Parents and Students should both plan to attend.
* Flyer with more info will be posted soon!
DRUMLINE AUDITION/PLACEMENT 2019:
* ALL percussionists who will be in grades 9-12 should plan to attend drumline placement auditions for the 2019 Marching Band Season!
* Friday May 3 6-9pm AND Saturday May 4, 9am-12pm.
* Plan to attend both days of rehearsal.
* Audition Materials HERE
* We've added a May 1st rehearsal from 2:30 to 4:30; this rehearsal is encouraged but not mandatory.
Visit our CALENDAR section to view our performance calendar. All concert dates are now current for 2018-19!
Nice read on benefits of music education!
Congratulations, PHS Music Department!!
...on a great competition weekend at Busch Gardens Williamsburg from April 26-29 2018:
Marching Band 1st Place Excellent Rating
String Orchestra 1st place Superior Rating
Jazz Band 1st place Superior Rating
Ladies Chorus 1st Place Superior Rating
Chamber Choir 1st Place Excellent Rating
Symphonic Band 2nd Place Excellent Rating
Concert Band 4th Place Excellent Rating
Overall Marching Band Award
Overall Orchestra Award
Outstanding Marching Band Auxiliary
Special Award - Cole Kelly, Oboe
The Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser “Esprit de Corps” Award for Outstanding Musicianship, Character, Professionalism, and School Spirit
See "Calendar" section for a full, detailed calendar of events.