Welcome to the site of the Plum High School Band program. Please contact Mrs. Bethany Loy, PHS Band Director, with any questions you may have (or use the email address below).
"Music is moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaity to life and to everything." -Plato
Rehearsal Monday & Wednesday this week!
* See our CALENDAR for all events
THIS FRIDAY IN FOOTBALL: HOME vs McKeesport
***This Friday is BAND NIGHT!***
5:30 Report to PHS - cookie social with 7th & 8th graders
6:00 Warm Up in Band Room
6:30 March to Stadium
6:45 Pregame Show
Queen Shirts - Limited Quantities Available for purchase
We have a few Queen shirts (show shirts) left! Cost is $15. Sizes are limited - ask Mrs. Loy if interested! :)
Music Department Trip Announced!!
* On May 1-3, the PHS Music Department will travel to Hershey, PA to perform/compete in adjudicated performances through the Festivals of Music.
* We hope to see ALL students in the following ensembles participate!
* Fundraising opportunities will be available!
* Trip Contract (with 1st Payment) is due October 1st!
FUNDRAISING AVAILABLE for the Music Dept Trip:
Peppi's Hoagies -
* Orders due Thursday Sept 19 - give orders to your director
* Pick Up Monday Sept 30 @ HS Music Hallway
* Print Both Forms: Form 1, and Form 2
Alle-Kiski Marching Band Tickets:
* Tickets are $5 for the festival. Mrs. Loy has a handful of tickets to sell, so buy from Mrs. Loy first!
*Tickets bought from Mrs. Loy - money goes to PHS Band; Tickets bought at the door - Money goes to the Association.
Alle-Kiski Marching Band Festival is Wed. 9/18 @ Highlands
Here's the timeline for that evening:
5:15 - Load Truck/Buses
5:45 - Leave PHS
6:15 - Arrive at Highlands
7:00 - Festival Begins
9:30 - Festival Ends; return equipment to truck & students to buses to depart.
Band Night with AEO Jr. High Band
Band night will take place on Friday, September 20th, 2019. An optional practice for Jr High Students will take place on Monday, September 16th, 2019. More details can be found here: Band Night 2019 Info
PIMBA Band Competition: Saturday, September 28th
Here's the timeline for that evening:
3:45 - Report/Load Truck/Buses
4:15 - Leave PHS
4:45 - Arrive, get seated
5:15 - National Anthem; Competition Begins
5:15 - We'll watch the bands before us!
7:30 - PLUM will perform promptly at 7:30pm
8:30 - Competition ends, Awards Ceremony Begins.
* Plum will perform in the "Festival" class. This means that we'll receive judges' feedback and scores, but will not be ranked against other scores that night.
* Students will be permitted to bring snacks and buy food fro the concession stand PRIOR to their performance, but will not have the opportunity to visit the concession stand after their performance, as they will stay in uniform until they return to the buses after the show.
Alumni Band 2019 will be held on Friday, October 4th, 2019. For more information, please visit the alumni tab!
Visit our CALENDAR section to view our performance calendar. All concert dates are now current for 2019-20!
Nice read on benefits of music education!
Congratulations, PHS Music Department!!
...on a great competition weekend at Busch Gardens Williamsburg from April 26-29 2018:
Marching Band 1st Place Excellent Rating
String Orchestra 1st place Superior Rating
Jazz Band 1st place Superior Rating
Ladies Chorus 1st Place Superior Rating
Chamber Choir 1st Place Excellent Rating
Symphonic Band 2nd Place Excellent Rating
Concert Band 4th Place Excellent Rating
Overall Marching Band Award
Overall Orchestra Award
Outstanding Marching Band Auxiliary
Special Award - Cole Kelly, Oboe
The Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser “Esprit de Corps” Award for Outstanding Musicianship, Character, Professionalism, and School Spirit
See "Calendar" section for a full, detailed calendar of events.