Welcome to the site of the Plum High School Band program. Please contact Mrs. Bethany Loy, PHS Band Director, with any questions you may have (or use the email address below).
"Music is moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaity to life and to everything." -Plato
Please use the link to read and sign off on your Uniform Contract. We are using a google form to provide information to you pertaining to your school-issued marching band uniform. Once you have reviewed the information and electronically signed this contract, we will issue your child their uniform. Thank you!
Band Front: https://goo.gl/forms/iiynLfoyW4IAWpHs1
BAND CAMP INFO
1. Please consult the Calendar at PlumBand.com for all rehearsal days and times. Remember that we can only optimize our rehearsal time when EVERYONE is present. Please make every effort to be present for ALL of camp.
As a reminder, all NEW marchers and SECTION LEADERS should plan to attend Rookie Camp on August 2-3, which will be from 8:30-11:30 am.Full Band Camp will begin August 6th with ALL members.
2. Please bring the following FORMS with you upon arrival to Camp:
- MEDICAL FORM - Please complete and this School District Medical form on the FIRST DAY of camp. Remember, a new one must be completed each year. Form can be found at the link below, or by visiting PlumBand.com, click the "High School" Tab, then "Forms." http://www.plumband.com/forms.html.
- LUNCH FORMS - Band Camp runs 8:30-3:30 the week of August 6th and 13th. You may bring lunch from home, or buy lunch from the cafeteria. Please see the "Band Camp Lunch" Forms for more information and the menu for the next two weeks. If you buy lunch, bring the lunch forms with you (with payment) on the first day of camp. Forms are available here: http://www.plumband.com/forms.html.
3. Be Prepared! Please remember to bring with you everything you need:
- Equipment/Instrument, music, lyre/flipfolder, pencil
- LOTS OF WATER, Sunscreen, etc.
- sunglasses and/or a hat.
- you MUST wear athletic shoes -- you CANNOT march in flip flops/sandals.
- DRESS APPROPRIATELY. Tank tops/sleeveless is okay for camp, but shorts must not be too short.
4. Parent Volunteers - As we discussed at pre-camp in June, we will need parent help with a few things during August. Please consider pitching in if at all possible:
- Uniform Distribution - if you can help Susan Doyle distribute/fit students in uniforms, please email her at email@example.com. This will be done during the week of the 6th.
- "Band Camp Parent" - I'm looking to have at least one parent present during camp to assist. It's helpful if someone needs an ice pack, band-aid, supervising at lunch time, etc. For the most part, it's just another adult presence so that the staff may focus on instruction at all times. If you're able to do a morning or afternoon shift (or a full day!), please contact Tracy Reedy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, Volunteer chaperones are needed for the home and away football games. If you are interested in chaperoning, please contact Tracy Reedy at email@example.com. We also need a nurse chaperone for each home and away football games. If you are a nurse, and would like to volunteer, please contact Tracy at the email listed above. I’ll chaperones must have current clearances as directed by the school district. Clearance information can be found on the school district website.
Please consider helping out if your schedule permits!
Looking forward to another GREAT year of music making! See you all soon!
MARCHING BAND 2018-19
The Half Time and Pregame Drill Videos, Charts, and Music Recordings are now live! Please visit the Marching Band Music & Drill section to view and listen!
IF YOU MISSED THE PRECAMP MEETING ON JUNE 6...
Click here for an outline of what we discussed. Feel free to contact the PHS Band Staff with any questions!
MARCHING BAND 2018-19
Marching Band 2018-19 is quickly approaching! Our CALENDAR section is about complete for the season. Check it out!
Visit our CALENDAR section to view our performance calendar. All concert dates are now current for 2018-19!
Nice read on benefits of music education!
Congratulations, PHS Music Department!!
...on a great competition weekend at Busch Gardens Williamsburg from April 26-29 2018:
Marching Band 1st Place Excellent Rating
String Orchestra 1st place Superior Rating
Jazz Band 1st place Superior Rating
Ladies Chorus 1st Place Superior Rating
Chamber Choir 1st Place Excellent Rating
Symphonic Band 2nd Place Excellent Rating
Concert Band 4th Place Excellent Rating
Overall Marching Band Award
Overall Orchestra Award
Outstanding Marching Band Auxiliary
Special Award - Cole Kelly, Oboe
The Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser “Esprit de Corps” Award for Outstanding Musicianship, Character, Professionalism, and School Spirit
CONGRATULATIONS Julia Lawrence (12th grade, Trumpet) and Cole Kelly (10th grade, Oboe), who were selected by audition to perform in the PMEA District I Honors Band! We wish them the best in their performance on November 18th!
Plum's 2nd Annual Parade!
See photos from the parade here!
Band Camp: In the News!
See "Calendar" section for a full, detailed calendar of events.